Join us on Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24th, 2019 for the 27th annual Chinese Martial Arts Tournament (CMAT 27) hosted by the University of California Martial Arts Program (UCMAP) at UC Berkeley. This two-day event will feature divisions for Traditional, Contemporary, and Internal Chinese Martial Arts.
Boasting as one of the largest and most prestigious Wushu, Kung Fu, and Taijiquan tournaments in North America, this volunteer-run event is open to all ages and will be located at UC Berkeley’s Recreational Sports Facility, Kleeberger Field House, 2301 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94720.
Stay tuned for more announcements and we look forwards to seeing you there!
[January 1, 2019]
CMAT 27 will not be hosting the West Coast 2019 Traditional Team Trials. Please see the USAWKF website for future updates on the West Coast 2019 Traditional Team Trials.
[October 13, 2018]
Events have been posted.
Summary of Changes for CMAT 27 Events:
- Added Event #103 and #165 for competitive Taiji and competitive Taiji weapon, respectively. This event is aimed to capture those who practice contemporary Taiji
- Added restriction on Event #111 : No Adult Advanced category
- Distinction of event #162, #163 (Contemporary Flexible Weapon, Contemporary Double Weapon) from Event #164 (Contemporary Other Weapon). It is imperative that you select the appropriate event for your form, or you may be disqualified. To determine which event is appropriate for your form:
- If you use a flexible weapon at all, select Event #162
- If you do not use a flexible weapon, and use two weapons in your form, select Event #163
- If you use neither a flexible weapon, nor two weapons, select Event #164
- Similarly, distinction of Event #262, #263 (Traditional Flexible Weapon, Traditional Double Weapon) has been made from Event #264 (Traditional Other Weapon). Competitors are to follow similar guidelines when selecting the appropriate event for their form:
- If you use a flexible weapon at all, select Event #262
- If you do not use a flexible weapon, and use two weapons in your form, select Event #263
- If you use neither a flexible weapon, nor two weapons, select Event #264
- Lastly, we have added Event #953 (Traditional Group Set), in order to distinguish traditional group sets from contemporary group sets